non working internal speaker
ANTHONY JENKINS
2013-04-28 10:51:23 UTC
Hello All
I have  an issue with my bearcat  it will work on an external speaker however when I unplug the external
Speaker i have no audio I have tried the obviuos like cleaning the 3.5 jack at the back of the set but it still does not give any audio I do not want to go deleving in with a screwdriver with out seeking advice from fellow users. Is this a common fault or not if it is is it simple to repair or do have to consult a service manual if so where can I get one Th est is a couple of years old but has delivered sterling service I use it in my shack fantastic for testing other radios with.

Regards
Tony Jenkins
07967 544 925

WA3TOY
2013-04-28 23:33:28 UTC
Sounds like the speaker it self is unplugged, has a broken lead, or is bad.
Post by ANTHONY JENKINS
Hello All
I have an issue with my bearcat it will work on an external speaker
however when I unplug the external
Speaker i have no audio I have tried the obviuos like cleaning the 3.5
jack at the back of the set but it still does not give any audio I do
not want to go deleving in with a screwdriver with out seeking advice
from fellow users. Is this a common fault or not if it is is it simple
to repair or do have to consult a service manual if so where can I get
one Th est is a couple of years old but has delivered sterling service
I use it in my shack fantastic for testing other radios with.
Regards
Tony Jenkins
07967 544 925
Kurt Fritsch WA3TOY AAE14
Anne Arundel County Skywarn

Tom Hirsch
2013-05-02 01:40:57 UTC
Hello 780 users,

Your lack of speaker audio may be the result of a damaged jack. The miniature phone plug left in the jack for a long duration may have caused the metal parts inside the jack to lose their springiness, and that may keep the metal contacts from touching each other to complete the circuit to the internal speaker when the plug is removed. You would need to do a careful visual inspection, possibly with a magnifying glass, and use a battery-operated DVM, VOM and other devices to check the signals and continuity of the wiring and the jack.

Good luck. thanks to all the longtime, faithful 780 hobbyists for all of the helpful info posted here.

1 Key Fat Loss Hormone?
Doctor Reveals 1 Hormone Making You Fat & How To Banish It Now.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/5181c465f34a6446552dcst03duc

If you have come here to find out about the Uniden BC-780 you have come to the right place! In fact the discussion of the BC-780 is the only acceptable topic on this list. Please. I hope this is clear to all group members.