Virtual Control in Vista 64
Stephen
2013-03-08 01:46:25 UTC
I am trying to get a virtual control software to work on my BC780XLT. I am running Windows Vista 64 on my PC. I own ARC780 but I am forced to have it only on my old radio-programming laptop due to the fact it will not work under any 64 bit OS. I have Uniden Commander installed but it crashes immediately upon connecting to the scanner. I have tried running it as Administrator and in Windows 98 compatibility mode. I also tried using different baud rates to connect with the scanner. The author states on his website that support for the BC780XLT is experimental due to the fact that he does not own one to test. Has anyone had any experience with this or can recommend a virtual control software that will work with the BC780XLT under Vista 64?
Mike Hein
2013-03-09 09:21:08 UTC
Post by Stephen
or can recommend a virtual control software that will work with the BC780XLT under Vista 64?
Proscan is reported to work quite well with all 64 bit versions of
Windows. I've run it for years 24/7 on 32 bit Win, and it works quite
well with pc remote control and streaming of audio. The only thing
about it that it sub par, is prorgam editing.

<http://www.proscan.org>

Mike Hein