UBC780XLT and Proscan
Tom Hirsch
2013-01-28 17:12:00 UTC
Hello BC-780 friends,

Thanks for the helpful discussion of software. Here are a couple of thoughts:

1. I've used Scancat; ARC780; and to a small extent, Proscan, to program this model. ARC 780 is my favorite because it's very efficient. It also allows me to copy and paste the database between ARC780 and ARC996, which is very helpful. I can generate databases for the 996, then quickly and easily copy and paste to ARC780.

2. ARC780 is about 14 years old now, and is not being updated for newer versions of Windows. You would have to run it on a computer with Windows XP, or running virtual XP.

3. If anyone has databases for other areas of Florida for the 780 or 996, please contact me about swapping data.

thank you

Tom Hirsch
Winter Park, FL
1 Odd spice that FIGHTS diabetes
Can this unusual "super spice" control your blood sugar and fight diabetes&#63
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/5106b17824e1331787bc4st04duc
Mike Hein
2013-01-31 09:55:25 UTC
I was one of the original Beta Testers of ARC780, and continue to use
it to this day. I agree, it is easier to use to edit existing
programs. It is also well integrated with Windows' Clipboard. It is a
16 bit Windows application, and won't run under 64 bit Windows.

I use it with Win 98, 2000, XP and Win 7-32.

Windows 7 Settings:
1) check Run as an Administrator
2) check Run in Compatibility Mode for Windows XP SP3

For what ever reason, the author of Proscan continues to attach a very
low importance to improving this software's meager editing capability.
A pity really, because it absolutely excells in areas of monitoring
history, remote control, and audio streaming and logging!

It is also nice when you have multiple radios and models, as Proscan
works with many different models with one license. ARC requires
purchasing a new software for each different model of radio.

Mike Hein
Hello BC-780 friends,