Using the BC780XLT scanner to tune into 764 - 776 MHz and 794-806 MHz
Nicole
2013-04-01 14:20:45 UTC
Hello everybody, by now we all have realized that the bc780xlt has many personality quirks. I just recently purchased my first BC780XLT from Ebay. It was made affordable due to the display not showing text. I replaced the Display surface-mount resistor with a 56k ohm surface-mount which resolved the display issue. However, when I had the unit open I noticed that almost all the epoxy has been removed from the usual areas, and that those surface-mounts were replaced to restore function. Some surface-mounts need to be replaced as they have been substituted. The schematics are very difficult to make out the values and names, even after working the PDF in Photoshop and dividing the schematic into 36 pages, and is quite the headache. I keep wandering over to the BCD996XT scanner's ability to tune 764-776 MHZ and 794-806 MHZ bands. Since I can access the areas on the scanner PCB, how would I go about imaging the 700 MHz spectrum via selection of band-pass filters, and is it common to buy a used scanner that has previously been worked on to remove the protective epoxy? While I am asking questions, I also noticed that the PLL IC19 has a 1/8 resistor bridging two pins on IC19 and on the other end connecting to X2, is this a modification or is it factory? it looks like it is something added after manufacturing.
Tom Hirsch
2013-04-02 04:02:55 UTC
Nicole
2013-04-05 21:27:13 UTC