[UnidenBC780XLT] Old 780xlt and Rebanded Systems
6TULSISZHOBYL2TDSMJL3KFKUS@yahoo.com [UnidenBC780XLT]
2017-12-29 00:01:06 UTC
I have been inactive since about 2007 and recently found out he Charlotte NC and SC Palmetto Net system rebanded. My county York was digital anyway so I had been using a Pro-106 handheld but recently set up an outdoor antenna tomtry to pick up CharMeck. It has been a long time now, has anyone come up with a hack for it ? I already have 2 Pro-2006 Scanners so I need another analog scanner like a hole in the head! I can mod it for IF output if needed or Computer control can I run it with a PC to do anything to handle Rebanding ? Any software out there to handle digital trunking now ?
Ronald Cohen k3zko@verizon.net [UnidenBC780XLT]
2017-12-29 03:40:41 UTC

I have a BC-780 HLT that I thought wouldn't work with our county 800 Mhz
system, I did nothing to reband and it seems to work fine, I can scan
all of the groups.

Our county wants us to use our scanners so their web page has all of the
information. Montgomery county, PA.
https://www.montcopa.org/1394/Rebanding-Scanner-Frequencies

73

Ron, K3ZKO
6TULSISZHOBYL2TDSMJL3KFKUS@yahoo.com [UnidenBC780XLT]
2017-12-29 14:38:10 UTC
Some agencies were not affected MOST were.
ubbe02@yahoo.com [UnidenBC780XLT]
2018-01-05 12:43:09 UTC
You probably wont need a hack. Just use the custom bandplan and program the base frequency and step size and it will work.

The digital trunktracking can be handled nowadays by a $10 SDR USB stick and a computer runing DSD and FMP programs, if you have a good signal reception of the systems in mind. The SDR USB sticks are terrible receivers but will work if the conditions are right.

/Ubbe