BC780XLT Repair
Bill Weibel
2013-05-03 15:41:36 UTC
I have owned a BC 780XLT since it's introduction . A few years back It suffered a failure of it's Display and I've been operating it " in Blind mode" since. If I wanted to know what channel it hit on I turned the PC program on and read the display on the computer.

It apparently was a fairly common occurrence to the BC780XLT, and was lurking on the group here like I've done since day one, and a post caught my eye by group member Nicole Nobrega. He repairs these units. I contacted him via private email and priority mailed the unit to him, He repaired it by replacing a SMR and returned it via Priority mail. I had it out and back in a week & half !! Problem solved. Mr. Nobrega even sent up to date email progress report and attached hi res photos of his before/after work.

My experience with Mr. Nobrega was excellent and being a group member he is probably reading this : THANK YOU NICOLE , I was concerned about damage in transit. Again "no worries " it was packed professionally in a USPS Priority mail box and traveled in comfort and safety.

So in short I decided to write this short sweet unsolicited review to the group , if you need repair do not hesitate to contact Nicole at ***@hotmail.com To inquire and get an suitemate of costs and shipping instruction. He is very reasonable in his pricing and I was again, VERY satisfied with workmanship and handling of my radio repair. I have no personal or business connection with Mr. Nobrega in fact live a half continent away. but knowing that cheap reliable service is rare in today's market I gave it a try and was happily rewarded with my rejuvenated BC780XLT.

Bill Weibel
St Peters, MO